ECHT 2023 Conference
AIM is proud to announce the ECHT 2023 Conference in Genova, Italy, at Magazzini del Cotone. The conference will meet May 29-31, 2023. ECHT 2023 will cover all relevant topics for the heat-treatment and surface-engineering community. The conference will include a special focus on sustainability. Presentations will cover light alloys, heat treatment of steel, and surface engineering and coatings from industry, research centers, and universities.
Examples of papers to be presented include:
• “Efficient modelling of quenching processes via CFD,” P.E. Ramirez Lopez — Swerim AB, Sweden and KKTH Kungliga Tekniska Högskolan, Sweden; A. Sundström, S. Häglund — Swerim AB, Sweden; H. Kristoffersen, E. Troell — RISE/IVF, Sweden; A. Olofsson – Advanced Engineering Transmission Production, DXTGR Scania CV AB.
• “Optimal shape design using response surface method to reduce heat treatment deformation,” K. Nambu — Osaka Sangyo University, Japan; K. Shiraki, M. Okumiya — Toyota Technological Institute, Japan.
• “Effect of two-step heat treatment on microstructure and mechanical properties of additively manufactured tool steel,” L. Kučerová, K. Burdová, Š. Jeníček, I. Chena — University of West Bohemia, Czech Republic.
• “Heat treatment from a sustainability perspective,” K. Buchner — Aichelin Holding GmbH, Mödling, Austria.
More info: www.aimnet.it/echt2023.htm
Heat Treat 2023
Heat Treat 2023 will be co-located with IMAT 2023 in Detroit, Michigan, October 17-19, 2023.
At the present time, there are approximately 125 papers from international heat treating professionals.
The conference will be co-located with ASM’s Annual Meeting, “International Materials, Applications and Technologies (IMAT)” Conference & Expo, providing Heat Treat attendees with access to 100 materials-related exhibitors and more than 400 additional technical presentations and workshops. Additionally, the event is co-located with the Motion + Power Technology Expo 2023 with access to another 300 exhibitors.
There are numerous student/emerging professionals initiatives, including free college student registration, Fluxtrol Student Research Competition, and the new ASM Heat Treating Society Strong Bar Student Competition. This is an opportunity for young professionals and students to meet international heat treating experts.
28th IFHTSE Congress
The 28th IFHTSE Congress, sponsored by the Japanese Society for Heat Treatment, will be November 13-16, 2023, in Yokohama, Japan. This wide-ranging conference offers participants the opportunity to network and hear papers on a wide-ranging series of topics, including the thermal processing of steel, surface hardening additive manufacturing, and modeling and simulation of industrial processes.
- Notification of paper acceptance: May 31, 2023.
- Preliminary program release: June 30, 2023.
- Deadline of extended abstract: July 14, 2023.
- Deadline of early registration: July 31, 2023.
- Deadline of full paper submission: September 22, 2023.
A special issue of JSHT is scheduled to be published in March 2024. .
29th IFHTSE Congress
The 29th IFHTSE Congress, held jointly with the ASM IMAT annual meeting, will be September 30-October 3, 2024, in Cleveland, Ohio. Details will be announced soon.
IFHTSE Glossary online
This wonderful achievement is now online and enables the user to type in a term and obtain the language equivalent in numerous other languages, including French, German, Japanese, Italian, Arabic, Chinese, and many others. This effort, using global experts, is intended to be a living document with more terminology added, as well as eventual definitions. Check it out at: ifhtse-glossary.com
Spotlight on Members
In 1886, Robert Bosch founded the “Workshop for Precision Mechanics and Electrical Engineering” in Stuttgart. This was the birth of today’s globally operating company. Right from the start, it was characterized by innovative strength and social commitment. With more than 100 locations, and 35,000 employees, its products span transportation, mobility, home appliances, innovative drive and control technology, as well as power tools for professionals.
IFHTSE is a federation of organizations not individuals. There are three groups of members: scientific or technical societies and associations, universities and registered research institutes, and companies.
Calendar of Events
May 29–31, 2023 | Genova, Italy | www.aimnet.it/echt2023.htm
Heat Treat 2023
October 17–19, 2023 | Detroit, Michigan | www.asminternational.org/web/heat-treat
28th IFHTSE Congress
November 13-16, 2023 | Yokohama, Japan
For details on IFHTSE events, go to www.ifhtse.org/events