The 10th International Conference on Tungsten, Refractory & Hardmaterials (Tungsten2020) program is now available. Since the conference was last held in 2014, explosive developments have been made in numerous fields, notably metal additive manufacturing (AM) using refractory metals and alloys, and their carbides. Explore the latest developments in Montréal, Canada, June 27–July 1, 2020, at the Montréal Convention Center.
Tungsten2020 conference attendees can expect topics including developments in:
- Metal AM.
- Cobalt-free carbide and alloy compositions.
- Field-assisted sintering technology (spark plasma sintering).
- Cold spray for refractory materials.
- Nanocrystalline materials.
- Nano-phase refractory metals and alloys.
Tungsten2020 attendees will also have access to two co-located conferences: Additive Manufacturing with Powder Metallurgy Conference (AMPM2020) and the World Congress on Powder Metallurgy & Particulate Materials (WorldPM2020).
Co-located conference access includes:
- More than 140 sessions and nearly 500 technical presentations between the three co-located conferences.
- The world’s largest trade exhibit featuring more than 150 exhibitors of PM; metal AM; and tungsten, refractory, and hardmaterials equipment, powder suppliers, and component manufacturers.
- Networking with more than 1,200 attendees from around the world.
- Even more time in the trade exhibit — this year’s conference features two networking luncheons adjacent to the trade exhibit.
- An optional Metal AM Tutorial focusing on basic information and guidance on the use of metal powders, including safety, handling, and storage to maximize the quality of the powders and subsequent performance of the consolidated parts.
“Montréal is North America’s number one host city for international events,” said James P. Adams, executive director/CEO, Metal Powder Industries Federation. “Combined with the region’s strong technology center, delegates should leave Montréal with new ideas, industry contacts, and lasting memories.”
There are two co-located conferences:
- Held only once every six years in North America, World Congress on Powder Metallurgy & Particulate Materials (WorldPM2020) is the largest global hub of PM. Delve into materials, material characteristics, powder production, and more.
- Focusing on metal additive manufacturing, the Additive Manufacturing with Powder Metallurgy Conference (AMPM2020) will feature worldwide industry experts presenting the latest technology developments in this fast-growing field.
At press time, this show’s date had not changed.
MORE INFO Tungsten2020.org