The Powder Coating Institute (PCI) announced its 2021 board of directors and executive officers. They are:
- President: John Cole, president, Parker Ionics.
- Vice president: Chris Merritt, general manager, Gema USA, Inc.
- Secretary/treasurer: Shelley Verdun, business manager, Powder Coatings, PPG.
- Past president: Suresh Patel, sales director — director, North America business development, BASF/Chemetall US Inc.
In addition, serving on the board of directors for 2021 are:
- Greg Dawson, zone manager, Nordson Corporation,
- Rick Gehman, president, Keystone Koating LLC.
- Marty Korecky, business specialist — business systems, AkzoNobel Powder Coatings.
- John Sudges, sales manager, Midwest Finishing Systems Inc.
- Tom Whalen, vice president sales & marketing, TCI Powder Coatings.
- Paul West, director of marketing, Sun Polymers International, Inc.
- Mike Withers, architectural segment leader, Axalta Coating Systems.
PCI congratulated long-time member and recent PCI executive officer Sue Ivancic on her recent retirement from Nordson Corporation after 42 years with the company. Ivancic joined the PCI Board of Directors in 2017 after serving as PCI’s education committee chair for several years. She brought decades of experience in the powder coating industry along with a fresh perspective to the board and moved into the officer rotation in 2019. Ivancic dedicated countless hours to PCI business, including her involvement when Nordson hosted the PCI workshops.
Formed in 1981 as a non-profit organization, the Powder Coating Institute (PCI) represents the powder coating industry, promotes powder coating technology, and communicates the benefits of powder coating to manufacturers, consumers, and government. PCI works to advance the use of powder coating as an economical, non-polluting, and high-quality finish for industrial and consumer products.
MORE INFO www.powdercoating.org