INDUSTRY’S FIRST CHOICE FOR SALT BATH TECHNOLOGY
Of all the heat treating methods available salt baths can be the fastest, most efficient, versatile and economical to use.
Electrodynamic Circulation – Spacing of Ajax heating elements used for internal heating results in the automatic circulation of salt which benefits uniformity of temperature and heat treatment. Circulation provides precise temperature control.
Faster Heating – Since heat is transferred by direct contact of the work with a heating medium of high heat capacity, Ajax salt baths heat your work many times faster than radiation or convection furnaces.
Efficient Use of Floor Space –Since work heats faster than in atmosphere or vacuum furnaces, smaller equipment is required for the same production level.
Distortion Minimized – With an Ajax salt bath your work is in contact at all points with the heating medium. Heating is even.
Preheating benefit – As work is introduced salt freezes on the surface preheating the work evenly until the melt point of the salt is reached reducing thermal shock.
- Annealing of ferrous and non-ferrous metals
- Austempering of steel parts
- Cleaning of molds
- Dip brazing of steel and aluminum alloys
- Glass removal (stripping)
- Glass – chemical strengthening by ion exchange
- Hardening of high speed and tool steels
- Heat generation, storage & transfer – for high temperature stored energy applications
- Martempering of steel parts
- Neutral Hardening
- Plastic Curing
- Removal of plastics
- Rubber curing
- Shape setting of TiNi shape memory alloys
- Solution treatment of aluminum alloys
- Stress relieving
- Surface preparation of carbide tips for brazing
- Thermal diffusion of carbide-forming elements