Cryogenic liquids such as oxygen, nitrogen and argon are not only important now to keep vaccines extremely cold, they are also used in other applications including industrial, cannabis, and medical.
They are used for storing large quantities of food, special effects fog, recycling, freezing blood and tissue samples, shipping and storing vaccines, and to produce cryogenic fields for rockets.
No matter the application, the cryogenic world is a tough one. Not only do harsh chemicals such as liquid nitrogen, hydrogen, or oxygen make it difficult to maintain leak-free seals, cryogenics create constant moisture which leads to rust.
Fluoramics offers solutions engineered to correct both issues.
LOX-8 is oxygen-compatible and impervious to liquid nitrogen, CO2, and other harsh chemicals, plus it is high density and remains in place. It is specifically formulated for wet conditions so that it retains its resiliency and eliminates the risk of cold flow.
Specifically engineered to withstand caustic chemicals, LOX-8:
- Is designed for both high-temperature and cryogenic environments
- Can be used on metal and plastic fittings, and prevents galling in stainless steel
- Has been tested by BAM and WHA International and approved for use with
- Is NSF-approved for use in food processing and handling
- Has been found acceptable for chlorine system use by the Chlorine Institute (Pamphlet 164).
- Is perfect for use in situations where extended service life is
The vapors and gases released from cryogenic liquids are very cold. They condense the moisture in air, creating a highly visible fog. Rust forms because of the high levels of moisture.
Fluoramics’ HinderRUST prevents rust by displacing water, allowing rust-inhibiting agents to bond to treated surfaces and forming a boundary film between moisture and metal. Solvent free, HinderRUST lubricates as it stops rust, plus it is the first rust stopper approved for weld-through. No primer is needed.
Fluoramics provides products engineered to solve issues not only in the world of cryogenics but in industries such as water treatment, medical, industrial gases, and pipelines.
MORE INFO www.fluoramics.com