The Metal Powder Industries Federation’s (MPIF) Awards Committee announced the recipients of the 2017 MPIF Distinguished Service to Powder Metallurgy (PM) Award that recognizes individuals who have actively served the North American PM industry for at least 25 years.
Receiving special recognition by their peers, the 2017 award recipients include the following:
- Eric Iver Anderson, FAPMI, Ames Laboratory
- Diran Apelian, FAPMI, Worcester Polytechnic Institute
- Sherri R. Bingert (Los Alamos National Laboratory)
- Matthew Bulger, NetShape Technologies, Inc.
- Dean Howard, PMT, North American Höganäs, Inc.
- Mark D. Kesterholt (Rio Tinto Metal Powders)
- Sydney H. Luk, Royal Metal Powders Inc.
- Glen Moore (Burgess-Norton Mfg. Co.)
- Thomas J. Pontzer, (Gasbarre Products, Inc.)
- JoAnne Ryan, Alpha Sintered Metals, Inc.
- Rohith Shivanath, Stackpole International (Canada)
- John Sweet, FMS Corporation
(Note: Company names in parentheses indicate employer at time of retirement.)
The awards ceremony will be at the industry luncheon on June 14, 2017, during the PowderMet conference in Las Vegas.
For more information: www.powdermet2017.org