Coleman Commercial Heat Treating, (CCHT) was established in Memphis TN in 1994, by a third generation heat treater, Mick Coleman. Today CCHT is family owned by Mick & Mona Coleman. What started in the oil fields of Oklahoma in the late 50’s, branched out to the manufacturing mecca of Arkansas to locate in the fabrication, assembly & distribution fields so well known in the Memphis – mid south area.
The original facility in Memphis was involved heavily in deep case hardening & neutral hardening. Since then, the manufacturing landscape of the Memphis area evolved to different types of industries. CCHT recognized the changes coming, and adapted accordingly.
CCHT now boasts the mid-souths only portable, six zone, fully automatic, electric resistance heat treating machine, along with furnaces for large pressure vessels requiring stress relief, pipe for normalizing and various sizes of plate for annealing. CCHT has kept up to the challenge to servicing the mid-souths area with its ever changing heat treating requirements.
NEW IN 2018…
CRANE WHEEL FLAME HARDENING – Up to 20” diameter -Fully automated – increases product life – uniform hardness – great application for Crane Wheels, Sprockets, Sheaves, Cable Drums
CONVENTIONAL PROCESSES AVAILABLE:
- QUENCH & TEMPER
- TOOL STEEL HEAT TREATING
- STRESS RELIEVE
- PRECIPITATION HARDENING
- AGE HARDENING
- FLAME HARDENING
- REFRACTORY DRYOUT
- NDT (NON DESTRUCTIVE TESTING)
UNIQUE PROCESSES AVAILABLE:
- PRE & POST WELD HEAT TREAT (PHWT)
- PRE PWHT – INVOLVES THE PRE HEATING OF AN AREA TO PREPARE IT FOR WELDING
- PWHT – PERFORMED ON A DAILY BASIS. WHETHER IT’S A LARGE PRESSURE VESSEL, OR A SMALL PIPE SPOOL, CCHT CAN DO THE ENTIRE PART, OR LOCALIZE AND PHWT JUST ONE WELD!
- ALL EQUIPMENT & RECORDING DEVICES ARE CALIBRATED ON A 6 MONTH BASIS AS REQUIRED BY CODE.PWHT IS PERFORMED TO VARIOUS ASME CODES, SUCH AS,
ASME Boiler and Pressure Code, Section I, PW-39
ASME Boiler and Pressure Code, Section VIII Division I, UCS-56
ASME Code of Pressure Piping B31.1, Table 132
- CARBOTTOM TYPE FURNACE……….10’ WIDE x 10’ HIGH x 20’ LONG
- TOOL ROOM FURNACES……….SIZES UP TO 20” WIDE x 18” HIGH x 36” LONG
- FLAME HARDENING
- LARGE TYPE CARBOTTOM FURNACE…10’ WIDE x 10’ HIGH x 20’ LONG NEW FURNACE NOW ON LINE!