There are a few conferences members should make sure are on their calendars for the coming year.
Tooling 2022 Conference and Exhibition
April 25-27, 2022 | Örebro, Sweden
The Tooling conferences have been held since 1987 and attract speakers and participants from all continents. The conference topics will include cold- and hot-working tool steels, high-speed steels, plastic-mold steels, hard metals and cermets, steel/material design, tool-steel development, microstructure, properties and performance, production of tool steels, simulations and modeling, additive manufacturing, processing, machining, polishing, heat treatment, surface engineering and coating, wear resistance, fatigue under mechanical and thermal cyclic loads, corrosion resistance, tooling applications, tooling contributions to e-mobility, digitalization in the tool steel and toolmaking industry, sustainable toolmaking including health aspects, circular economy, and tooling supply chain.
For more information, go to www.tooling2022.org.
European Conference on Heat Treatment/IFHTSE 27th Congress
September 5-8, 2022 | Wyndham Grand Salzburg Conference Center, Salzburg, Austria
The conference is sponsored by ASMET, the Austrian Society for Metallurgy and Materials.
Keynote speakers expected to attend include:
• Prof. John G. Speer, director of the Advanced Steel Processing and Products Research Center (ASPPRC), Colorado School of Mines, Golden, Colorado, on “Recent developments and perspectives of Heat Treatment in Steel Processing.” Speer is the 2022 IFHTSE Medalist.
• Prof. Jianfeng Gu, director of the Institute of Materials Modification and Modeling, Shanghai Jiao Tong University. “Modeling and Simulation in Heat Treatment and Surface Engineering.” Gu is an IFHTSE Executive Committee Member.
• Dr. Stefan Hock, IFHTSE Secretary General, “50 Years of IFHTSE — Past, Present and Future.”
• Prof. Massimo Pellizzari, Department of Industrial Engineering University of Trento, Italy, “Heat Treatment and Surface Engineering in Additive Manufacturing.” Pellizzari is vice president IFHTSE, 2022–2024.
• Dr. T.S. Sudarshan, president and CEO of Materials Modification Inc (MMI), Fairfax, Virginia, “Kaleidoscope of Surface Engineering.”
For more information, go to www.ifhtse-echt2022.org.
Spotlight on Members
IFHTSE is a federation of organizations, not individuals. There are three groups of members: scientific or technical societies and associations, universities and registered research institutes, and companies. In this segment, we will highlight our members. This month we highlight:
The Heat Treating Society of ASM International
The Heat Treating Society of ASM International, is the largest heat-treating society in the United States. It was originally founded in Detroit in 1913 as The Steel Treaters Club. This group eventually was expanded to form ASM International.
In 1994, the heat treating constituency of ASM – in many ways, the first members of ASM and still one of the largest affinity groups within the membership – created the ASM Heat Treating Society to provide focused leadership, communications, and service development to this vital member group.
Today, HTS continues to grow and prosper. HTS is the world’s largest network of heat treaters, and HTS members work to provide events and services to serve their worldwide membership of captive and commercial heat treaters, equipment manufacturers, researchers, governments, and technicians.
IFHTSE 2022 events
March 27–30, 2022
ICRS 11 – 11th International Conference on Residual Stresses
Nancy, France | sf2m.fr/events/icrs-11
April 25–27, 2022
12th Tooling Conference & Exhibition (Tooling 2022)
Örebro, Sweden | www.tooling2022.org
May 11–13, 2022
International Bosphorus Heat Treatment Symposium
Milan, Italy | www.sct-2020.com
June 19–23, 2022
6th International Conference on Steels in Cars and Trucks
Salzburg, Austria | www.sct-2020.com
September 5–8, 2022
27th IFHTSE Congress / European Conference on Heat Treatment
Salzburg, Austria | www.ifhtseecht2022.org
October 10–14, 2022
Advances in Materials and Processing Technologies
Portorož, Slovenia | www.ampt2022.org
November 2–4, 2022
HTS – 14th International Exhibition and Conference on Heat treatment
Mumbai, India |I www.htsindiaexpo.com
April 21–24, 2023
5th International Conference on Heat Treatment and Surface Engineering of Tools and Dies
Liangzhu Dream Town, Hangzhou, China
European Conference on Heat Treatment
November 13-16, 2023
28th IFHTSE Congress
For details on IFHTSE events, go to www.ifhtse.org/events