Website Wisconsin Oven
- Establishes policies and procedures that ensure that all materials are properly identified, accurately controlled and stored in such a manner that they are orderly, accessible, secure, and preserved.
- Maintains a cycle count program which supports the accuracy of all materials on hand.
- Delivers materials to production in a timely manner.
- Maintains a system of replenishment that results in the steady flow of materials without having excess material on hand.
- Ensures that defective, nonconforming and excess materials are returned to vendors for credit.
- Develops the purchasing policies for the organization.
- Purchases stock materials, non-stock materials, supplies, goods and services as required by the company.
- Develops, maintains, and improves vendor relationships.
- Obtains competitive pricing on all purchases.
- Monitors delivery to ensure it coincides with the production schedule.
- Expedites deliveries as needed.
- Obtains a thorough understanding of the production planning software, EPICOR, and its use in performing the essential duties of this position and is involved in the development and improvement of the system.
- Develops plans for cost savings, reduction in material cost, supply chain improvement, inventory turnover and continuous improvement.
- Oversees the input of purchase order and shop order information into EPICOR.
Supervisory Responsibilities: Manages a department of as many as 7, which consists of Buyers and Material Handlers, and is responsible for the overall direction, coordination, and evaluation of the department. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
To apply for this job please visit recruiting.paylocity.com.