Website Lindbergh / MPH
- Inspects item to be painted for proper welds. Removes weld spatter, over-poured refractory, excess weld, sharp edges and burrs using a variety of tools including wire wheel, air chisel, electric grinder, or file.
- Clean and prepare the surface to be painted by wiping down with paint thinner to remove grease, oil, dirt.
- Masks off all areas not requiring paint
- Applies primer coat and checks for drips, runs, and evidence of gouges after drying.
- Primer runs are tacked or buffed out if possible.
- Mixes paint with thinner according to paint specification sheet and the handling time required.
- Paints product according to paint specifications. Drips and runs are tacked out.
- After product is re-assembled by manufacturing personnel, installs data plates, warning labels and other applicable signs after receiving location instructions from Manufacturing Superintendent
- Checks product for any necessary painting touch-up after item is re-assembled.
- Cleans painting equipment and paint booth.
- Inventories, requisitions, and rotates paint stock..
- Reads blueprints, diagrams and/or schematic and job orders to interpret specifications and to determine work procedures.
- Follows diagrams, blueprints and/or schematics, ensuring proper components are created and assembled correctly.
- Works alone or as member of assembly group assembling various pieces and working at different work stations as production needs require or shifts from one station to another; able to work in all phases of furnace production.
- Fabrication expertise, including operating machines such as a shear, press brake, plate & angle rolls and plasma cutter, and the ability to prepare steel components, assemble and weld pieces with all welding techniques (including gas, MIG, TIG and stick)
- Plans flow of materials through department and develops physical layout of machines according to work orders and interfaces with others in the organization.
- Inspects and measures parts and products to verify conformance to specifications.
To apply for this job please visit recruiting.paylocity.com.