Practical Heat-Treating teaches the “how” of heat-treating. Attendees will be able to recognize heat-treating problems and establish quality-control.
They will learn the heat-treatment process of steel as well as what type of atmosphere is best for furnace operations for the safety of personnel and equipment. In addition, they will be able to recognize problems and establish quality-control procedures. Plant managers, quality-control specialists, and engineers will be able to benefit from attending this four-day event at ASM World Headquarters, Materials Park, Novelty, Ohio.
text is included when taking this course.
The entire spectrum of personnel, either directly or indirectly associated with heat-treatment
· Design and manufacturing engineers
· Plants managers
· Metallurgists and technicians
· Quality control inspectors
· Sales and marketing personnel
None required, but high school chemistry and physics would be helpful.
Upon completion of this course, attendees should be able to:
· Define and discuss the heat-treatment process of steel and other materials
· Describe heat-treat furnace operations and atmospheres for the safety of personnel and equipment as well as maintenance and control.
· Recognize heat-treating problems and establish quality control procedures to produce satisfactory products
More information: www.asminternational.org